Friday 4 May 2012

Prime Minister Steven Harper Acknowledges Speech and Hearing Month

Prime Minister Steven Harper extends his best wishes to the public for a successful Speech and Hearing Awareness Month.  He highlights the important work of our national association, CASLPA, in raising awareness for our profession and for the valuable work that we do. Please check out his letter here.

An estimated 1 in 10 people suffer from a speech, language, or hearing disorder.  That adds up to approximately 400,000 British Columbians.  You are not alone, click here to find out how we can help.

"I took Seth to see an SLP. The SLP told me that he is doing okay but needs encouragement to talk. I’m enjoying my time reading with Seth every night. He likes it too. We talk a lot about what happens in the story. He even asks for books by name. I’m so glad we didn't wait to see the SLP!" - Andy, ASHA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment